Hmmmm...which good news should I give you first?
- Earl is being discharged on Wednesday and with that news has suddenly gained some new found energy. He will be discharged on oral antibiotics, but will be back on IV antibiotics once we are back in Winnipeg. Iv will run until we leave for Earl's Wish Trip to Hawaii. The second surgery will likely take place as soon as we get home from Hawaii.
- He was up walking several times today, the first included a whole flight of stairs. The second a walk to the lounge, a rest there and a walk down the hall to visit with his friend Jimmy. He is still feeling a fairly high level of pain when he is up and around and by the time he gets back to bed he is out for awhile.
- Earl can and has been weight bearing on his left leg (which really makes walking a lot easier)
- The other good news, actually great news is that the cultures came back negative, meaning: Earl is infection free.
- Lisa, from Starlight Starbright came to visit us tonight and she surprised Earl with a new PSP (play station portable) and a gift card to buy a new game. (I have orders to stop at Best Buy on my way in tomorrow to purchase NHL 08) We had a great visit with Lisa, and I know she was happy to meet Earl.
I think I will stop there because I am not sure any one can handle this much good news.But I do have a riddle for you: If we leave Toronto on Thursday morning.....and arrive in Winnipeg on Monday night....where will we be in between????? don't tell any one,,,,,it's a surprise!
Debbie and Earl